Thursday, September 19, 2019

To Buy Or Not To Buy

Georgann was the Albert Einstein of shopping.  To watch her move through a store, feeling and touching, was like watching Picasso paint.  Beyond the limits of  most mortals.

I would never presume to match the girl in her God-given talent for bringing price and quality together at their most advantageous point, but I'm attempting to learn some of the basics: Never purchase the first option.

One year we went to find the perfect Christmas tree and in the first lot we entered I spotted a prospect, which I stood up and slowly rotated.  Perfect configuration and balance.  "No," she said, "there may be a better one."  After cruising the entire lot we agreed to go back for the first one and, of course, it was gone.  One minor loss must not corrupt a master plan, she explained.  Do you want to tell Picasso his lady has two eyes on one side of her face?

So I'm doing my morning walk and this salon has a sign proclaiming a huge saving on eye lash extensions:  Three days only, $100, normally $175.  Wow! I could save $75.  But what if later I see some place that is offering them for, like, $50 and I'm stuck with these $100 jobs?  I don't know what to do and I've only got two more days to decide.  What would Georgann do?

Help!

No comments: