Thursday, July 9, 2020

Sign Man

There are four floors of apartments in this place I call home.  The hall on each floor is a square passage 1/7th of a mile long so walk seven halls and you've done your daily life-sustaining regimen.  If you choose halls on different floors you are able to do a walk-by of all your fellow inmates and among that group of brothers and sisters is the Sign Man.  I've never met him up close and personal but I admire his door-posted signs.  Cum'on memory, do your duty:

Don't knock and disturb me.  The voices in my head have told me to sharpen my knives.

Don't whine to me, I didn't vote for him.

See, I told you this would happen.

Get back to me and I'll tell you who did it.

Shove it under the door.

I was told there'd be a handbasket.

3 comments:

Sister Mary said...

I like the "Don't whine to me. I didn't vote for him". Hahaha

Charlotte Johnson said...

I want to thank Mr Lorenzo Diego loan firm for giving me a loan of $350,000.00.if you need a quick loan avoid being scammed by fake lenders and apply from a genuine loan company via
Email mrlorenzodiegoloanfirm@outlook.com
what's App +1 346-226-2778 

westforce said...

You are a hoot Bill! Didn’t think I was “old enough” to know anyone in your circle of friends, but Norm Bergstrom was in the Brookings-Harbor School system in the 50’s when I went to school there. Aschenbrenner was a familiar name because of my husband Charlie. Course I know you from a meeting way back in some other decade when we visited Bob Bowlin (my brother) in California where you were pursuing more knowledge. I always enjoy reading your blogs! Thanks for sharing your insightful humor and views of life! Sharon Miller