Tuesday, March 31, 2020

Nursery song

Somewhere out there in our Coronavirus ravaged land there are still little kiddies who need to be comforted with nursery rhymes.  Who better to do that than the Grands and the Great-Grands who comprise the major share of my audience.

So in this time of need, I contribute this little ditty that my father sang to my sisters and me when we were crawlers and toddlers.  The fact that I can still remember the words after almost a century proves that it still has legs (any tune you make up will work):

I went to the animal fair
The birds and the beasts were there
A big baboon by the light of the moon
Was combing his auburn hair
The monkey, he got drunk
Then fell on the elephant's trunk
The elephant sneezed
and fell to his knees
And that was the end of the 
Monkey, monkey, monkey, monkey, monk.

The second verse is just like the first verse and the third verse is just like the second verse so get out there, Pilgrims, and comfort those little modern-day creepers and wobblers.

1 comment:

Sister Mary said...

I like your Monkey line much better than the original. It exp;wins why he fell on the elephants trunk much clearer